We’re seeking seasoned a PR pro to round out our team. If you’re an aggressive PR professional that can come up with great strategic ideas and pitches, while drafting content that balances the needs of both editors and clients, we want to hear from you. B2B PR/trade media experience is required, with health technology and healthcare experience a huge plus.
You need to know the social platforms and processes used to pitch and monitor newsworthy content, and in return we’ll give you a great place to work that promotes work/life balance, and provides a team of compassionate colleagues that are here to support you and help you reach your professional goals.
Learn more about the PR Manager’s role and responsibilities.
The PR Account Manager will oversee and support the development of strategies to increase a client’s brand awareness and promote thought leadership through public relations. This includes a mix of media relations, PR plan development and execution for speaking submissions, awards and trade media communications.
On a daily basis, this encompasses establishing relationships with members of the media, managing and leading media outreach among the team, identifying key messages based on the client’s goals and target audiences, monitoring and analyzing news-making trends, and communicating messages through a variety of channels. This role also involves production of internal and external content such as press releases, media pitches, meeting agendas, best practices and POVs, bylined articles, talking points and client presentations.
The right candidate has experience and enthusiasm for B2B PR, ideally in the healthcare or health technology industries. This role requires a strong understanding of traditional and digital media relations strategies and how to measure results. An eye for detail, quality assurance and an understanding of PR best practices are all critical.
FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as day-to-day PR contact for B2B accounts in the healthcare industry (health information technology, hospital and health systems, health plans)
- Participates in client interactions and meetings, providing guidance and direction to all team members on the account and ensures timely client service
- Acts as a public relations resource to colleagues, integrating PR efforts into overarching marketing strategies and tactics
- Leads media relations for select accounts, including annual and quarterly plan development for PR
- Builds and maintains excellent media and influencer relationships on behalf of clients and the agency
- Writes and edits according to AP style for a wide variety of communications e.g., media interactions, story development, client briefings
- Develops and prepares client reporting, updates and measurable success of workflow
- Edits and proofreads plans, content calendars, communication materials, pitches, etc., to ensure they are client ready
- Seeks and presents chances to grow client accounts and agency business through identifying organic growth opportunities
- Meets regularly with clients to discuss ongoing implementation of the overarching strategy and ROI
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Superb verbal, written, and listening communications and interpersonal skills for a variety of styles, tones and voices
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work in high-pressure situations
- Ability and proven success working autonomously and within a close team environment
- Proven ability and success working under pressure with tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demeanor
- Ability to understand clients’ business goals and identify ways to use PR to achieve those goals
- Ability to understand and collaborate with reporters, journalists, influencers and bloggers
- Skilled in the use of Mac OS and social media and PR platforms (Cision, Meltwater, Notified)
- Crisis communications/issues management experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA)
- Five years’ professional experience (agency experienced preferred but those with in-house PR experience will be considered) with responsibilities in public relations and demonstrated media results
- Proven success presenting measurement of results and client reporting
- Strong track record of securing client media coverage locally and nationally; maintains relationships with media
- Salary is commensurate with experience
Apply for this position now.
This is a telecommute position with candidates in any location considered. Please send your resume and a short sample of your writing or demonstrated PR results to email@example.com.